Digital Scrapbook Memories

Old 01-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
caulensmom
Administrator

Lightbulb Short survey for free new card set!

Hi fellow digital scrapbookers!

In an effort for all of us in this online community to have a chance to learn and know more about each others digital scrapbooking experiences, we are holding a short written survey. In return, we are offering our newest card set, Occasions - Mini Card Set, in downloadable form for FREE!

You heard right! Everybody who shares their story (long or short) will receive and email from Digital Scrapbook Memories (ok, me... ) with a link to download the new Mini-card set which includes 15 quick card templates. Obviously this free download can only go on for a short time, so please send us your story by the end of January to receive your New Mini Card Set !

It's all optional of course, but in order to receive the free mini-card kit please answer as many questions as you can.

Note: Please make sure that your email address on your forum user account is up to date so that you may promptly receive the download link.

1.How long have you been Digital Scrapbooking?

2. When and/or Where was the first time you heard about DSM?

3.What is your favorite DSM Collection? (Feel free to list more than one)

4. If you could, what would you change about DSM?

5. What resources did/do you use to further your digital scrapbooking knowledge/skills?

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs?

Thank You very much for sharing your excitement with all of us on the DSM Forum!

Camera:Canon EOS 500D
Sony Cyber-shot

"This isn't just another meeting. By the end of the week, I expect us to know how the universe is put together" -John A. Wheeler

www.amyherzog.com
www.caulenskitchen.com
We invite you to join our Digital Scrapbooking Community!
Hello! Welcome Guest! Please take the time to join us!

Registering is required for you to post and participate on the forums. Joining (which is free) will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, search our forums, participage in challenges, enter our giveaways and many other fun features of the Digital Scrapbook Memories Forums! It's free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click here to join our community!

If you are already registered, please log in to post and participate.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
LucyLu
Rock Legend

About 4 years maybe 5

Scrapbook Expo South Towne Mall

Moods, The Garden, Family Ties

More challenges, more product ... loved the on line classes way back when

5. What resources did/do you use to further your digital scrapbooking knowledge/skills?
Magazines, help button

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs?

I like the CD's but not many people do that . So I back up a lot.

Thank you Amy

PSE 5.0
Canon Rebel XTI
Fuji S3000
Old 01-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
Charm Lady
The Bomb!

1.How long have you been Digital Scrapbooking? Since November 2007, and loving every minute of it!

2. When and/or Where was the first time you heard about DSM? I was at the fall Women's Expo in Utah County. I walked past your booth, and I was sold when she showed me how to change the color of paper! I know that sounds silly, but suddenly, I didn't need to buy anymore paper. I was so excited!

3.What is your favorite DSM Collection? (Feel free to list more than one)"Enjoy the Journey" "Santa Claus Lane" "Playground"

4. If you could, what would you change about DSM? More challenges. (See number 5). Also, I loved the photography class. It was really fun. Maybe class challenges, like you show us how to do something, then we make a page doing it.

5. What resources did/do you use to further your digital scrapbooking knowledge/skills? I love tutorials. I practiced all the tutorials here when I first started. I still check out tutorials online to find new ways to do things. I also LOVE the challenges. They encourage me to scrapbook more. I have learned so many new things by doing things like the DigiOlympics and the other challenges. Sometimes I find myself in a rut and scrapbooking the same way all the time. When I do the challenges, I make time to scrapbook and try out new things. It becomes a challenge for me to expand my experience.

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? I love getting them in the mail. It is like getting a surprise package! I also love getting the CD's at the events. But, I also love to download. I have a few I have downloaded, and I love being able to use it right after I purchase it.

Grocery Cents (My food storage blog)
Old 01-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
supermombritt
Rock Legend

For about 4 years.

From April when she was first starting. She had me give some of her demo CD's to some of my friends.
I love the playground and moods CD's.

Well you already made the change I would suggest, the mini kits. I tend to buy the smaller kits that are less money.

I have checked out books from the library. I like having something right in front of me so I can read it and do it. I like the help right by my side.

I like the downloadable. I want instant gratification.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
montmeag
Rock Legend

Since 2007. Ok so not all that time has been spent scrapbooking. I spent a good amount of time dinkin' around in PSE figuring it out and making fun hybrid stuff (even though I didn't know that's what I was doing at the time). But it's all helped me learn and try new things that have helped me scrapbook.

I met April at a scrapbook expo in Idaho Falls (one of the rare Idaho events). I was feeling a little discouraged and a lot overwhelmed by all the paper stuff and my 6 month old in the stroller, but then I was "shown the light" and have never gone back.

I would have to say Oh Boy and Family Ties are my absolute favorite CDs. LOVE THEM!

I loved the free webinars Alisha used to do for us. I still consult my notes on different classes she gave. Oh, and maybe some stuff up in Idaho (you know I had to put that plug in there) to help spread the word, though I honestly have no idea what kind of presence digi has up here . (Pssst, Amy, I'd be more than willing to help facilitate anything up here if I can if you ever get the urge!)

The classes I mentioned above helped me a TON!!! Also, just reading tutorials and of course, asking here on the forum!!

Oh, I'd have to say download. The CDs are definitely fun to get in the mail but I'm an instant gratification girl.

Canon Rebel xsi
CS 4
PSE 5
Old 01-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
Kelli West
Rock Legend

about 4 years now.

Womens expo down in utah county. Quinn and Jenny converted me with their smooth talk and I am soooo glad they did!
I really love all of the playground and Oh Boy

more product more often more challenges-they help me get pages done. especially when everyone is involved because I like seeing what others come up with, with the same challenge. Also becuase it makes people comment on layouts and that is encouraging as well....

scrapbooking magazines help with ideas, if there is something new I want to learn then just the internet for tutorials

i like downloadable, i too like the instant gratification

Canon 30D
PS CS3[/FONT]
Adobe Lightroom

http://www.kelliwestphotography.blogspot.com
http://www.jasonkelliwest.blogspot.com
Old 01-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #7
jessie97
Superstar

1.How long have you been Digital Scrapbooking? Since 2003

2. When and/or Where was the first time you heard about DSM? I was part of Utah Digital Scrapbookers yahoo group and April send out an email that she was doing class at the Marriott in Sandy. I attended the one in December and have been stocking DSM ever since.

3.What is your favorite DSM Collection? Family Ties, Enjoy the Journey, The Playground,

4. If you could, what would you change about DSM? More challenges but sometimes I don't have a lot of time for a weekly challenge. Monthly challenges are better for me. It would be nice to have a few challenges to choose from and then have some kind of incentive for completing a certian amount.

5. What resources did/do you use to further your digital scrapbooking knowledge/skills? Listening to Podcasts about scrapbooking, reading blogs.

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? Download I don't like to wait. I like being able to use a kit right away.
My Album
My Blog
Old 01-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
Kim Hansen
Rock Hall of Famer

1.How long have you been Digital Scrapbooking? 3 0r 4 years.

2. When and/or Where was the first time you heard about DSM? In the St. George, Utah Spectrum advertising a free DSM class.

3.What is your favorite DSM Collection? Moods and Oh Boy

4. If you could, what would you change about DSM? More kits, more often.

5. What resources did/do you use to further your digital scrapbooking knowledge/skills? tutor and tutorials

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? downladable files--they are quicker

Elements 5
Canon Rebel xti
Old 01-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #9
julesl1979
Fan

Well I just really started, I don't know much and am trying to figure it out as I go.

A friend.

I don't know yet, I haven't had a lot of time to get into it yet.

Don't know yet. What I have seen I have liked though.

websites, blogs and friends

Usually downloads, they are typically cheaper and faster to receive.

Thanks for the free download it will come in handy figuring things out.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #10
principessa
Superstar

Since 2007, but seriously since 2008

I was searching for a scrapbook kit with an Olympic theme and it pulled up the DigiOlympics for Summer 2008. I played along and have been here since.

I really like Oh Boy, Timeless

Not much, I think it is a great community. I think you are headed in a good direction.

THE INTERNET. I use it all the time. I find video and written tuorials. I listen to scrapbooking podcasts. I visit galleries looking for layout inspiration. I probably spend way too much time on the computer

It is nice to have to actual CD's, but instant gratification with downloads is great

PSE 7 and CS2
Canon Rebel XSI
Old 01-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
Angie I
FABULOUS!

1.How long have you been Digital Scrapbooking? Since 2005

2. When and/or Where was the first time you heard about DSM? I saw a post card at my local craft store--I soon found out that April (I recognized her picture from the card) lived in my neighborhood.

3.What is your favorite DSM Collection? Oh boy, Enjoy the Journey, Family Ties

4. If you could, what would you change about DSM? More kits, more frequent. I like Challenges too!! I love the get togethers and classes!!

5. What resources did/do you use to further your digital scrapbooking knowledge/skills? online tutorials, magazines, gallery.

I like instant download.
Nikon D80
Canon Powershot A95
Canon Powershot SD1000 digital ELPH
Old 01-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #12
karens
Supreme Commander

I have been digital scrapbookingfor about four years

I saw it on a scrapbooking show on tv. not sure whet it was called

The Moods, Enjoy the Jorney

More Kits

Some on line classes would be great

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? I like the cds just in case
Old 01-11-2011, 09:22 PM   #13
sherbear222
DSM Enthusiast

This is a fun thread. I'll play...

1.How long have you been Digital Scrapbooking? approximately 2 1/2 years.

2. When and/or Where was the first time you heard about DSM? I heard about DSM through Jill Oaks. When I knew I had to go digital, she was the person I called to help me.

3.What is your favorite DSM Collection? (Feel free to list more than one) I don't think I can list just one...I think there is something I like in all of them and for different reasons/purposes.

4. If you could, what would you change about DSM? more frequent new product.

5. What resources did/do you use to further your digital scrapbooking knowledge/skills? I used the DSM online classes and tutorials and asked some fairly stupid questions when I started. Online searches were my friend if I was looking for something specific.

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? I like both. CDs are fun to come home with if I'm at an event like scrapbook expo, otherwise, I love downloadables.

Photoshop Elements 7
Photoshop CS4
Old 01-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #14
tpowers
Superstar

I'll play. Thanks for the download.

1.How long have you been Digital Scrapbooking? Seriously about 2 yrs. Dabling since 2006 I think.

2. When and/or Where was the first time you heard about DSM? The Scrapbook Expo. I saw it online and went specifically for you guys.

3.What is your favorite DSM Collection? (Feel free to list more than one) Moods, Oh Boy, Playground

4. If you could, what would you change about DSM? More kits more often.

April's free classes, tutorials and forums(mostly here.)

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? Either. I like the CD incase but, overall I think I like the instant gratification of downloads.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #15
AmieRV
Groupie

about 3 years

My sister took me to a class around 3 years ago.

Family Ties and Oh Boy

More kits :-)

Classes at seminars, online class taught by Alisha Shaw

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? I prefer CD's, but if I need it immediately I'll download.

PSE 7.0
Old 01-12-2011, 09:44 AM   #16
sarahk
Rock Star

2.5 years

2.5 years ago from Kelli West!

Definitely Moods!!! I also love the Christmas kit too!

More kits that you can download! I would love more challenges to help get me caught up!

Classes from school, lynda.com, and my cs5 help books!

Download!!!

http://sarahandromar.blogspot.com
Old 01-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #17
digimad
Superstar

Since 2004
From Angie, April's sister

Family Ties, Christmas and Easter kits

I really appreciated the free classes and would love to see those come back. I would like to see new kits more frequently.

5. What resources did/do you use to further your digital scrapbooking knowledge/skills? DSM classes and retreats, online tutorials, friends and family, Photoshop help.

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? I like both. I like the CD's because they are easy to share with friends/family. Also, you know you always have the kits even if your hard drive crashes (I try to keep things backed up, but you know...) I like the downloadable because you get it instantly, but honestly DSM is speedy about delivering CD's.

Thank You very much for sharing your excitement with all of us on the DSM Forum!
Canon Rebel Xti (digital), 28-80mm, 18-55mm, 35-80mm
Elements 6.0 and ACDSee Photo Manager 10
Old 01-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #18
ramblin
Fan

1.How long have you been Digital Scrapbooking? Well I'm pretty darn new at it.

2. When and/or Where was the first time you heard about DSM? As I recall, it was around 3 or 4 years ago, and it was over the phone.

3.What is your favorite DSM Collection? (Feel free to list more than one) I'm not sure...First things first, I guess I'll have to start one, a collection that is. I kinda like the Monster stuff though.

4. If you could, what would you change about DSM? It's a whole new world, and I'm just tryin' to hang on and get a grasp of things!

5. What resources did/do you use to further your digital scrapbooking knowledge/skills? Not quite there yet ladies.

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? Well......we'll just have to work in this one.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #19
peckin_perrin
Fan

1.How long have you been Digital Scrapbooking? I have dappled in it for a couple years. Now I have the computer, I am antsy to get serious. I am still in the overwhelmed stages of learning photoshop.

2. When and/or Where was the first time you heard about DSM? my sister-in-law, known as pumpkinpeters on this forum, introduced me.

3.What is your favorite DSM Collection? (Feel free to list more than one) Oh Boy and Family Ties

4. If you could, what would you change about DSM? more online classes and kits!!!!

5. What resources did/do you use to further your digital scrapbooking knowledge/skills? the internet...

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? I like downloadable!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #20
cbrinker
Fan

First looked into it in 2006, but more involved the last couple of years

My sisterinlaw had a DSM cd and told me about the free classes that April used to do

Probably "Oh Boy" but now that I have a baby girl that is bound to change!

More products and I REALLY like the classes/get-togethers so I can get new ideas and learn new things... not that it really matters, but I wish they didn't do the classes on "conference weekend" when my husband is at the gone to the meeting and so I can't leave my kids with him.

I learned a TON through the classes that Alisha taught as well as at the DSM Retreat I went to a couple years ago. And currently I just look on the internet for tutorials.

Downloads... I normally have an idea or see something I want to make with something and if I had to wait for the CD I would lose my mojo!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #21
pumpkinpeters
Fan

Send a message via Skype™ to pumpkinpeters

1.How long have you been Digital Scrapbooking? Formally, less than a year; but, I remember trying to make things work with my limited knowledge and software about five years ago.

2. When and/or Where was the first time you heard about DSM? I first heard from family (I thought my sister or my sister-in-law 'peckin_perrin' but she sites me so I guess I don't know) and then just a few months later I saw their booth at The Great American Scrapbook Convention in Arlington, TX. It was there that I bought my first disc collections.

3.What is your favorite DSM Collection? (Feel free to list more than one) The Playground!

4. If you could, what would you change about DSM? My husband would like it if you had retreats closer to Dallas but I like the excuse to get to Utah and see family. I would ask for a tutorial on forums - am I just dumb? I can't figure out when there are new posts (or... threads - ?). Is there a good way to stay up on what's new? I feel like I have to scroll through everything and try to see what I've missed from the last time I logged on, and then some things are outdated and I missed an opportunity. Does that make sense?

5. What resources did/do you use to further your digital scrapbooking knowledge/skills? Mostly jumping around blogs and free tutorials online.

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? I generally go with downloadables, to avoid shipping costs and the disc/case storage. I'd rather just store files on the drive than more discs on the shelf.

Thanks! That was fun sharing a little of my story .
Old 01-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #22
cooljewel
Groupie

Yipee!!! I am excited to be apart of this game.

1.How long have you been Digital Scrapbooking? hmmm...... maybe about 1.5 years

2. When and/or Where was the first time you heard about DSM? From my fabulous friend Paula. She helped me make a terrific baptism book for my step dad. (Thanks again and again Paula!)

3.What is your favorite DSM Collection? (Feel free to list more than one)This is really a tough question because I love them all! If I have to give a real answer it would probably be..... Family ties, or maybe Christmas, wait......maybe Enjoy the Journey, or Moods, or Monsters, or.......well I just can't pick one!

4. If you could, what would you change about DSM? Love that smaller kits are becoming available.

I like to find free tutorials online....Love to learn new things just don't always have the funds to pay for them

DOWNLOADABLE for sure. When I get the scrappin bug I want things I can find and use ASAP!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #23
Court
Rock Star

About two years

From my friend at the Scrapbook Expo, 2 years ago.

Oh Boy, Playground, Aspire, Enjoy the Journey...Ahhh, I love them all!

New kits more often and more classes (specific camera/photography classes would be good.) I like it when there is a different "thing" on your homepage. Even if there isn't anything new going on, it still is exciting to see something different.

DSM classes, internet, forum, photography classes, just clicking on things to see what happens.

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs
Downloadable- I'm not very patient when waiting for something good.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #24
digi-lisa
Fan

Free? I'm in.

About a year and a half
I think I stopped and talked to you guys at the Scrapbook Expo once. My friend was really excited about learning digital...and I was tagging along.
Oh Boy
Definitely more kits, specifically more themed kits...like zoo, princess, halloween, etc.
I have a friend who has digi scrapped for several years. And another friend and I pow wow and figure things out.
6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? Downloads
Old 01-13-2011, 10:23 PM   #25
peverill
Superstar

I meet April at one of the Scrapbook Expo's probably 6 or 7 years ago. I bought her first 2 CD's and loved them. Then she offered some free classes and I ate them up!

It was at an expo but I have played around on the computer with it for a long time. Some of those pages are pretty BAD!

It is so hard to pick, but I really love the Oh Boy CD and Family Ties

I wish that you would offer more CD's or downloads. It is to long between releases.

5. What resources did/do you use to further your digital scrapbooking knowledge/skills? Play Play Play and go to the RETREAT's and any other classes that you offer.

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? It really is nice to get it right now. (downloadable)

Nikon D300
PSE 5.0

Please Critique my Photo's
http://everillfamily.blogspot.com/
Old 01-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #26
supermombritt
Rock Legend

Pumpkinpeters, there is a button at the top of the forum that is called new posts I believe. You can click that and it will list the new things for you.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:01 PM   #27
mckinnli
Groupie

Less than a year... I think.

Scrapbook USA in Sandy

I kinda like them all, but I haven't been able to actually use them as often as I would like yet.

New products, more tutorials?

The Internet!

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? I like both, the CD for a hard copy backup in case (heaven forbid!) something happens to my laptop and external hard drive at the same time!

PSE 9
Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Digital Elph
Canon PowerShot S410 Digital Elph
Old 01-14-2011, 10:32 PM   #28
blmcewan
Rock Star

7+ years

Attended one of the first DSM events at LH Miller campus, being among the 1 or 2 'male' attendees

DSM Enjoy the Journey, DSM Family Ties, and of course DSM Oh Boy

More kits with more stuff priced competitively.

Existing knowledge of Photoshop, creative thoughts, and click and play. O and of course my seond brain--the Internet as well as some seminars and trade shows on occasion.

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? Downloads for instant gratification, but CDs for a little more is a nice service for those that want them.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #29
Embellie
Fan

1.How long have you been Digital Scrapbooking? About 1 1/2 years.

2. When and/or Where was the first time you heard about DSM? From my cute Brittany aka Supermombritt

3.What is your favorite DSM Collection? (Feel free to list more than one) Playground

4. If you could, what would you change about DSM? Still thinking about this one.

5. What resources did/do you use to further your digital scrapbooking knowledge/skills? I simply play around with all the buttons.

6. When purchasing, do you prefer downloadable files or do you prefer mail delivered CDs? Both, I love instant gratification and I love the CD as a backup copy.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #30
madddison
Rock Star

about 4 years!

my AMAZING cousin April started the company!

I love "Enjoy the Journey" and "Family Ties"

nothing! i love it!!

my cousins have taught me a lot! and everyone on here!!

umm.. i don't really mind either.. it is nice getting them right when you buy them, just because i'm always sooo excited to use them!!

thanks amy!!

Photoshop Elements 5.0
NIKON D3000! (woot woot!)
Sony Cyber-Shot (point and shoot)

And here is my new blog!!
Closed Thread